Pathology plays a crucial role in the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of diseases. However, the shortage of pathologists has become a pressing concern globally, presenting a significant challenge to the field. Here we explore pathology on a global scale, to understand the essential role that emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), assume in alleviating these challenges.
For a comprehensive exploration of each of these challenges and to discover how AI can play a pivotal role in addressing some of these issues, you can delve deeper here.
- Constant Demand, Patchy Supply
- World Health Organisation: Ageing & Health
- National Cancer Institute, US: Age & Cancer Risk
- Global cancer incidence in older adults, 2012 and 2035: A population-based study
- Features of burnout amongst pathologists: A reassessment
- Meeting pathology demand: Histopathology workforce census
- Pathologist training times: USA, UK, Australia